Uncategorized August 12, 2012
Burberry Beauty has raising released a beautiful well-edited collection for fall consisting of:
- three new eyeshadows Dark Sable No. 23, Mulberry No. 24, Porcelain White No. 25 ( each for 2.5 g/.088 oz, made in Italy)
- two new lip cover lipsticks Sepia Pink No. 32 and Mocha Glow No. 37 ( each)
- a new velvet-finish foundation plus a few repromoted items ( each, 8 shades available)
Adina from Nordstrom San Francisco at the Burberry Counter just received the fall items last week and kindly emailed me swatches of the new items. I was drawn to the three new eyeshadows and immediately ordered them. Burberry continues to release high-quality products with beautiful pigments, textures and colors. I am very impressed and pleased with these three new beauties.
- Dark Sable No. 23 is a matte dark brown. It’s similar to Taupe Brown No. 07 but slightly warmer and deeper. It has a smooth finish that is easy to apply. It does require a bit of layering and smoothing out with a brush but stays put for a long time on the eyes without budging.
- Mulberry No. 24 is a beautiful complex deep dark wine plum shimmer with a reddish base. I am still experimenting with this color but so far love it. I’ve found that my favorite way to wear this so far is to layer it over Dark Sable along the upper lash line blended slightly for an intense non-traditional smokey eye. This combination burberry are raising their prices but mulberry are getting cheaper creates a well defined eye that stands out without looking too harsh. It’s has enough plum pearl to prevent it from being a too auburn or red.
- Porcelain White No. 25 is a soft white shimmer with a blueish flash. It has the same intensity as Pearl White No. 01 however Porcelain White No. 25 has a slightly sheerer base with more shimmer and more blue. I find this color a bit too sharp for my skin to wear by itself (I’m darker now this summer) but mixing/layering it with a color like Trench or Gold Trench gives a nice glow.
Some more photos and swatches:
Under artificial light:
Comparisons to other Burberry Beauty Eyeshadows:
Thoughts on the other new items available for fall:
- Sepia Pink lipstick looked absolutely gorgeous but similar to Rosewood, I decided to wait and try in person (the closest counter is over an hour away so this might not be for a while)
- Mocha Glow lipstick was tempting but I know it will be too brown/nude for me
- Velvet foundation is something I will probably not try since my skin did not work well with the other Burberry foundation or glow product (both caused a bad allergic reaction for me)
A few other lovely blogs to check out with Burberry Fall 2012 features: A Lipstick a Day, Indigo Kir Royal and Lina’s Beauty Diary.
I found the fall collection at Nordstrom in San Francisco. You can call the counter (415) 243-8500 ext. 1421. Ask for Adina 🙂
Have you checked out Burberry’s fall offerings? Thoughts?
Burberry BeautyEyeshadowFall 2012Nordstrom
Burberry Autumn/Winter 2012 Sheer Eyeshadow: Dark Sable, Mulberry and Prom hairstyles for long hair with braided headband
Mulberry to Lower Prices! Burberry to raise them! - The Savoie Daily
Burberry and Mulberry face branding challenges in luxury market
Mulberry Cuts Prices While Burberry Raises Them British Vogue
Premium Pricing Mulberrys Misstep (You Should NOT Do This.)
Mulberry vs Burberry - Which one of these is better?
Burberry Iconic British Luxury Brand Est. 1856
Strategies at burberry
2017 Autumn Winter Women Long Sweaters And Pullovers Long Sleeve
25 best ideas about Tulle Skirt Outfits on Pinterest Tulle skirts
Adidas Lightweight Running Shoes Reviews Running Shoes Guru
Adidas Men's Running Shoes & Running Clothing adidas US
Casual Dresses - Shop The Best Deals For Jun 2017