Method 1 Choosing a Boot
1Match your boot to the occasion. Pick out your boots according to the setting and how to wear combat boots with jeans activity you will be doing.
- Choose ankle or knee-high boots with a low heel or no heel for walking around town, attending a sports game, or other casual occasions.
- Choose heeled boots for a party or nighttime outing that is a little dressier.
- Get a quality hiking boot for hiking or work boot for outdoor work that will support your ankles and feet against rough terrain and labor.
2Flatter your figure. Find a boot that will work with the proportions of your body.
- If you have wide calves, look for boots with elastic panels, slightly stretchy fabric, or adjustable closures like buckles or laces that will allow more room for your leg. Find a boot with an angled top or wear tights that match your boot color to make your legs appear long and lean. If you have skinny calves, do the opposite: wear contrasting tights and choose boots that have ruffles, straps, or other three-dimensional detail.
- If you have short legs, favor slim-fitted boots with heels to add length to your legs. Wear these boots with a slim-fitting skirt or pants, or tights in a matching color, to add to the appearance of length.
- If you have wide feet, go for boots that have a round or almond-shaped toe rather than a pointed one. Avoid straps or buckles near the base of the boots, and try wearing bootcut pants over them to minimize the width of your feet.
3Consider comfort and quality. Look for well-made boots and spend a little more if you have to so that they’ll last longer.
- Signs of quality boots are that they’re made of genuine leather, have a thick sole with good tread, and they seem solidly constructed (no loose threads, zippers that stick, etc.).
- To find the most comfortable boot, make sure you try on several sizes and walk around in them. Choose the size that feels comfortable, holds your ankle and heel in place, and has ⅜-½” of space beyond your big toe when standing.
4Wear boots for the weather. Invest in boots appropriate for bad weather so that you don’t ruin other boots that are not meant for rain, snow, etc.
- Get a quality pair of rubber boots (or Wellingtons) for rainy weather, which you can also line with boot liners for warmth.
- For cold weather, try Uggs or other shearling boots, moccasin boots, or knit sweater-like boots.
- Go with moon boots or mukluks for snow to repel moisture and stay warm.
Use a bold boot as a statement piece. To make boots the focal point of your outfit, try out knee-high boots in a bright color like red or purple, cowboy boots with colorful embroidery, or a high stiletto-heel boot. Make sure you wear more neutral and solid color clothing when you opt for a statement boot.
Follow fashion trends. Keep an eye out for what the latest trends in boots are, because they’re always changing. Try the current trend on the runway: Western-style ankle boots with a pointed toe.
Method 2 Pairing Boots with Pants
1Wear boots over slim-fit pants. Choose ankle or knee-high boots like cowboy boots or riding boots to tuck pants or jeans into. Slouch boots are often roomier if you’re having trouble fitting your pants under boots. Wear skinny or narrow fit pants for this look.
- To show off ankle boots with pants that are a little too long, roll the bottoms over once or twice to create a cuff. It’s okay to leave a little skin showing between pants and boots. Choose light-wash jeans for this look.
Wear boots under wider pant legs. Choose narrow, smooth boots without a lot of extra bulk like buckles or straps if you want to wear pants over them. Bootcut jeans and pants are made for this. They should be wide enough to easily fit over your boots, and skim the top of where your foot is.
3Let your boot complement the rest of your outfit. Stick with neutral color boots (black, brown, or gray) to wear them with any outfit. A good rule for both men and women is to match your boot color with your belt color, too, if you’re wearing one. In general, wear brown with brown and black with black.
- For an evening look, pair heeled boots with a super skinny pant and shiny top.
- If you want to wear a bright statement boot, pair it with more muted color clothing.
- Try out motorcycle boots paired with black pants and a leather jacket for an edgier look, or combat boots with jeans, a loose plaid shirt, and a beanie for a grunge look.
Method 3 Wearing Boots with Skirts or Dresses
Select a height that works for your skirt length. Try knee-high slouch boots with longer skirts, and wear mid-calf boots with a skirt or dress at the knee. Thigh-high boots look great with short or mini skirts.
Consider a heeled boot for a dressier look. If you wear heeled boots with a fuller dress or skirt, it can fall just above the top of the boot. If your dress is more form-fitting, it should come to a few inches above the boot or knee.
Try mixing colors and textures. Pair shiny leather boots with cozy knit skirts and tights, or wear tough combat or cowboy boots with light, flowing dresses for a great combination of hard and soft.
Method 4 Wearing Boots (for Men)
Try a casual boot. Choose chukka boots, also called bucks or turf boots, to go with anything from jeans and a t-shirt to slim cuffed pants and a solid button-down. Combat or motorcycle boots can be worn with dark clothes and leather for an edgier style.
Wear boots for business. Opt for a more formal boot like Chelsea boots to slip on with a suit or business-casual pants and button-down.
Use workwear as casual wear. Pair a quality, well-cleaned work or hiking boot with a t-shirt and jeans for a look you can wear all the time.
Could tall boots be useful for men in the winter?
Definitely. They can help keep your feet warm and dry in the snow.Thanks!
Not Helpful 0 Helpful 1
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- There shouldn’t be more than half an inch between your leg and boot, but boots also shouldn’t feel constricting. If you have trouble fitting your calves into boots, you might try finding a boot specialist to custom fit them for you.
- Take care of your boots with simple cleaning, polish, and waterproofing spray, and get them re-soled every year if needed.
- You can remove salt stains from boots with one part water and one part white vinegar.
- Sometimes bright rubber boots worn when it’s not raining or fluffy winter boots and Uggs when it’s 80 degrees outside can look foolish. Go for sensibility, even when you’re making fashion choices.
- Don’t over-match your boots and outfit. A fur-trimmed coat with fur-trimmed boots or a pair of fringed boots with a fringey jacket can be overwhelming or costume-y.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
How to Wear Ankle Boots: 5 New Ideas Lady dior embellished bag fall 2017
When to Wear Ankle Booties vs. Knee
Putting Me Together: How to Wear
Cowboy Boots, Western Wear More
Alcalas Western Wear - Chicago
13 Summer Makeup Tips - Hot Weather Makeup
144 best images about Fonts on Pinterest Fonts, Display lettering
20 Glossy Disconnected Haircuts To Shine in 2017
83 best images about The Style Page beauty nails on Pinterest
Audrey Hepburns Style: 20 Rare
BRABBU Design Forces - Contemporary Home Furniture
Cheap Australia Formal Dresses Online, Wedding Dresses