Method 1 Wearing Pearls for Formal Occasions
1Wear a simple pearl necklace for black-tie occasions. For black-tie affairs, you will want to keep your look simple and elegant. Pair a pearl necklace with a pair of string matching pearl earrings or a pearl ring. The necklace should accentuate, not overpower, your look. This can be easily accomplished with a short, simple strand of pearls.
- Pearl necklaces pair beautifully with chiffon blouses.
- Be daring and wear a long strand of pearls with an elegant jumpsuit.
- Consider wearing your pearls with a black gown with high neckline for a classic, timeless look.
2Pair your pearl necklace with a little black dress. Nothing is more classic than a little black dress for a formal occasion. Couple it with a strand of white pearls for a polished look. Wear a shorter strand for a lower neckline and a longer strand for a higher one to balance out the neckline.
- Wear a black wrap dress with a short strand of pearls for a an effortlessly chic look.
- Wear a black cocktail dress with a turtle-neck type collar and a few long, layered strands of pearls for a classy look.
3Knot the bottom half of your necklace. Hold the strand with both hands at either end of the strand. Move your non-dominant hand to the lower third of the necklace. Wrap the pearls around your non-dominant hand so that there is a loop with an opening. Pull the opposite end of the pearls through the opening. Gently tighten the knot. Do not pull on the strand with a lot of pressure or else you will risk breaking your necklace.
- For longer strands of pearls, at least 30 inches (76.2 cm) or longer, consider the knotting the strand around the bottom half of the necklace. This will add a chic twist to a time-honored look.
4Layer strands of pearls. Multiple strands of pearls should be worn with an outfit that is elegant but understated or else you will risk distracting others with your “busy” look and detract from the beauty of your pearls. If your strands are long enough, twist them once before placing them over your head to create an additional loop. This will give the illusion that there are two strands, even though you are only wearing one.
- Wear a dress that is a solid color. Avoid busy or “loud” prints, as these will distract others from seeing your beautiful pearls.
- Pair layered necklaces with a dress or blouse that is simple; no ruffles, embellishments, or designs. Try a button-up shirt and slacks or a dress with a simple neckline.
Method 2 Wearing Pearls in a Casual Setting
1Wear a sweater or blouse with pearls sewn into the fabric. Pearls have become quite trendy in recent years and are often sewn into fabric to create a chic, classy vibe. Some sweaters go all out with pearly embellishments and some have just a few incorporated into their design. Some sweaters even use pearls as buttons. Dressing yourself in pearl-studded pieces will give any outfit effortless elegance.
- Make a statement at your next event with a pearl-studded dress or shoes.
- Choosing a pearl bracelet or ring could complement a pearl-embellished sweater.
2Pair the pearls with a casual blouse. A classic pearl statement necklace can emphasize and enhance a casual blouse, adding breezy charm to an outfit that would otherwise be more laid back. Choose a short strand with larger pearls to make a statement. Add several similar strands to draw even more attention to your neckline.
- Don’t limit yourself to white or blush-colored pearls. Consider wearing a colorful strand for more casual occasions.
3Mix and match necklaces. In a casual setting, pearls can be mixed and matched with other necklaces to create a laid-back, yet effortlessly chic look. Don’t be afraid to wear your pearls with other gems or metals. Your pearls can soften the look of bold gems, such as diamond, sapphire, or amethyst. Try mixing pearls with your favorite diamond piece or wear with a sterling silver necklace to complement both pieces.
- Wear a string of pearls with a beaded necklace to create a more bohemian feel.
- Pair your pearls with a diamond necklace to complement and bring out the best of both necklaces.
Method 3 Wearing Pearls for a Wedding
Wear your mother’s or grandmother’s pearls. If your mother, grandmother, or other individual in your family wore pearls in their wedding, consider wearing those same pearls. This will increase the sentimental value of the necklace and could even start a family tradition.
2Match your pearls to your gown. If you are wearing a white gown, you will want to wear white pearls to match. If you are wearing a blush dress, wear matching blush pearls. Wearing a different shade of pearls will draw attention away from your dress and to your neckline. A good pearl necklace, bracelet, or earrings should accentuate a gown, not draw attention away from it.
- If you are wearing a dress that is an unconventional color, try a classic white strand or perhaps pick a complementary color, such as yellow pearls with a blue dress, green pearls with a red dress, or orange pearls with a purple dress. Be creative and have fun!
3Incorporate colored pearls for casual weddings. For a wedding that is more relaxed and less formal, consider incorporating colored pearls. This could be an opportunity to match your pearls to your color scheme or choose a favorite color that you enjoy wearing.
- You could wear pink pearls to an outdoor spring wedding, light green or aqua pearls to a summer wedding, and silver or gold pearls to a winter wedding. This is especially true if you are a guest, as guests often have more opportunity for incorporating bolder colors into their outfits than brides do.
4Choose the length of pearls to flatter your dress. There are many different lengths of pearls but some necklace lengths suit some dress styles better than others. In general, the longer the strand of pearls, the higher the neckline the dress should be.
- Strands 14 inches in length will fit tightly around the neck and will suit scoop necks, V-necks, off-the-shoulder-, and boatneck dresses.
- Strands between 16-18 inches will fall between the base of the throat and the collarbone, respectively. These strands will pair well with almost any style of dress or neckline. This will give you plenty of flexibility!
- Strands that are 20–24 inches (50.8–61.0 cm) are best suited for business or casual wear.
- Pearl necklaces that are 28–42 inches (71.1–107 cm) will pair beautifully with high necklines and evening wear.
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Pearls are always associated with black clothes but the fact is that they could go well with a number of different colors. Violet, sunshine yellow or canary real really adds beauty to a nice string of pearls; while pastels and fluorescent colors are not recommended because pearls will get lost in them. Be sure to wear the right outfit with them, so they don't look out of place.
- Be wary of wearing a strand of pearls that fall too near your bust if you are wearing a lower neckline. This can draw attention to the area and should be avoided, unless that is the desired effect.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
Kari Pearls : How to Knot Pearls or Restring Pearls Fashion diva design wedding dress
Proverbs 31 - Pearls Women's Devotional
How To Clean and Care for Pearls - m Style
Pearl Care How to Properly Clean Pearls
3 Ways to String Pearls - wikiHow
Pearl Valuation & Assessment - m
16 Hot New Kitchen Trends to Watch
1950s Fashion History 50s Glamour, Dior New Look
Apos;Khoobsurat ' Sonam Kapoor Wants To Get Married - Filmibeat
Attractive White lace long sleeves maxi dress
Beauty Fashion Woman Stylish Glasses
Calvin Klein Collection Autumn/Winter 2017 Ready-To-Wear show