July 18, 2013 @ 4:00 PM
BY: Andrea Cheng
It’s a scorcher! With temperatures climbing to an unbearable boiling point across the nation—even surpassing 105 degrees for some—we’re doing everything we can to cool off. Since we can't stick ice cubes in our braids during work hours, we're making smart sartorial choices our other go-to. Get on board by: (1) Looking for breathable fabrics, like cotton or linen, that won’t cling; (2) Going sleeveless whenever you can to avoid sweat stains; and (3) Opting for light colors what (think: white and pastels) because they reflect light. Darker hues tend to absorb the most heat. With that said, we rounded up 11 fashion finds to melt-proof your look—and keep you looking fresh despite a heat wave.
• Heat Wave-Induced Haircuts
• 12 Pairs of Shorts to Help Beat the Heat
• 8 Summer Work Outfit Ideas
1. A Trendy Crop TopPair this flowy coral tank with a high waisted skirt to keep the look work appropriate.
Topshop, ; topshop.com.
2. Printed ShortsTake on the tiki motif with this pair of neon pink printed shorts.
J. Crew, ; jcrew.com.
3. A Sleeveless ShirtThe laidback fit and light chambray fabric make this sleeveless top perfect for hot-weather days.
Madewell, ; madewell.com.
4. Colorful SunniesShade your eyes from harmful UV rays with these oversized sunglasses that are wonderfully named, ‘Watermelon.’
Cutler and Gross, 0; cutlerandgross.com.
5. A Printed SundressPrinted pieces make instant outfits for when it’s too hot to think.
Reiss, 5; reiss.com.
6. A Floppy HatThe wide-brimmed straw hat does a good job at serving as a portable shade.
Joe Fresh, ; joefresh.com.
7. A Bright Skater SkirtSlip on a bright swingy skirt for a pop of color when it is too hot for maxis.
Club Monaco, 0; clubmonaco.com.
8. Some Statement EarringsHair swept back into a top knot or ponytail? Decorate the empty space with gold danglers.
Karen London, ; karenlondon.com.
9. An Easy Breezy RomperKeep cool in an all-white lightweight jumpsuit with pretty eyelet detailing.
Joie, 8; joie.com.
10. A Scarf With UV ProtectionThis moisture-wicking headband is designed to block UV rays. Plus, it doubles as a scarf.
Buff, ; rei.com.
11. Bejweled SandalsStep into no-fuss sandals in a lovely shade of mint green.
DV by Dolce Vita, ; dolcevita.com.
Posted In: Shopping
Weather App That Tells You What To Wear - Wearther - Not How to wear be active knee brace
What would you wear when its 30 degrees celcius outside
What to Wear in 60 Degree Weather - Redbook
Cold Weather What to Wear? New York - Yelp
How to Dress if It Is 40 Degrees LEAF tv
10 Gold Smoky Eye Tutorials for Fall - Pretty Designs
20 Style Tips On How To Wear and Tie
Best Good Morning Images Photos Pics Pictures Cute Funny
Bones: David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Look Back
Clothing Allowances for 2017 m
Collection Designer Engagement Rings and Wedding Rings
Hair Color for Black Women - Hair Styles
Hello kitty eBay
How To Install Fonts on Windows